Jetoptera is an aviation startup developing powerful UAVs and realistic flying cars to revolutionize the way we transport products and people. We have developed a distributed propulsion system and novel airframe to create an aircraft that is more efficient, lighter, and less complex than previous models. This design enables a host of unique abilities, including vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL), high speeds up to 200 mph, significant payloads and range, and maneuverability.
We are a small team operating in an exciting and complex space where the sky is literally the limit. We are based in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, just outside of Seattle, on the shores of the Puget Sound. We are looking for exceptional candidates who will thrive in our environment of rigorous scientific inquiry and collaboration and help make our vision of useful UAVs and actual flying cars a reality.
Job description: Software Engineer Intern
Our software engineering intern will assume a variety of technical responsibilities, which is the nature of working with a small team. These responsibilities include:
- Working with software contractors to manipulate and optimize flight control software.
- Developing controls for autonomous flight.
- Extensive field testing to optimize flight paths and maneuvers.
- Help develop IP for custom-designed control algorithms.
- Ability to work closely and effectively with team members to achieve engineering goals.
- Completed at least three years toward B.S. in software engineering or computer science
- Experience using C++
- Experience with flight controls of drones or model aircraft
- Knowledge of gas turbine engines
- Completed at least two years toward B.S. in a technical field
- Proficient in Python and MATLAB
- Able to complete tasks according to project schedule