Jetoptera is an aviation startup developing powerful UAVs and realistic flying cars to revolutionize the way we transport products and people. We have developed a distributed propulsion system and novel airframe to create an aircraft that is more efficient, lighter, and less complex than previous models. This design enables a host of unique abilities, including vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL), high speeds up to 200 mph, significant payloads and range, and maneuverability.
We are a small team operating in an exciting and complex space where the sky is literally the limit. We are based in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, just outside of Seattle, on the shores of the Puget Sound. We are looking for exceptional candidates who will thrive in our environment of rigorous scientific inquiry and collaboration and help make our vision of useful UAVs and actual flying cars a reality.
Job description: Mechanical Engineer Intern
Our mechanical engineering intern will assume a variety of technical responsibilities, which is the nature of working with a small team. These responsibilities include:
- Designing prototypes for propulsion system or airframe components to be 3D printed in plastic or metal.
- Testing and evaluating prototypes using load cells and other sensors.
- Using statistical methods and tools to analyze experimental data
- Developing written reports to document test findings.
- Ability to work closely and effectively with team members to achieve engineering goals.
- Completed three years toward B.S. in mechanical engineering
- Proficient using Solidworks for 3D design
- Knowledge of gas turbine engines
- Experience in engineering with aerospace applications
- Completed two years toward B.S. in a technical field
- Proficient in creating 3D models and 2D drawings using CAD software
- Hands-on experience in designing and building mechanical systems
- Able to complete tasks according to project schedule